Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tokyo and Nagano, Japan

With Chineth & Miel

One of my unforgettable trip is Japan. Actually this was an unplanned trip supposedly..But I was aiming high for my Organization...my own chapter when I was the president. We went here last June 2009 via Osaka. From there we took the 8-hour land trip to Tokyo to meet my cousin where we will stay for a night. Vanessa, my cousin  toured us around and seemingly busy streets of Tokyo. Foods are great and I enjoyed the sushi and sashimi which are reasonably cheap. (well!) The next day we took another 4-hour land trip via bus to Nagano. From there, we looked for the house with rooms that we rented for 3 days...Cheap hotels in Nagano are houses with rooms for a group. This are budget friendly ideas for those who just wanted a place to spend the night. 

This is downtown Tokyo, the Shibuya109 is the popular shopping center in town.

Nagano is most famous for Zenkō-ji, a 7th-century Buddhist temple that overlooks the city. A million tourists visit Nagano annually. Nagano was originally a town in Kamiminochi District built around the hilltop temple that is the largest wooden building in eastern Japan, but the city now encompasses locations that were within SarashinaHanishina, and Kamitakai districts.
Nagano, where the owner of the house gave us a warm welcome greeting!

The Zenkoji Temple in Nagano

Another picture in Tokyo with our cousin, Vanessa who toured us around.

No comments:

Post a Comment