Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Best Islands (for me) So far...

I have been wondering these days what were the best islands that I have been to. It's like I'm actually thinking of summer in winter time. :) And I think it's the best way to fight cold temperature today! Last year, 2012, I have been to at least 2 beautiful beaches in the my home island, Philippines. And there are still in my bucket list that I want to go to like Caramoan, Calaguas, Coron,  Bellaroca and Balesin! Well, the last two are the most expensive ones maybe if I'll be a millionaire someday, why not.

May 13, 2012
Irosin Hot Spring & Subic Island

I was invited to be an Assistant Trainer in a JCI Training for JCI Bulan in Bulan Sorsogon. At first, I was really hesitant to commit because of its very long travel time like 4-5hours or so, but I was convinced though when they told me we're going to Subic Island. I really don't have an idea about the island but they said it's one of the best in Sorsogon. So, what the heck, i said "why not, let's go!"

First stop after the training was their famous hot spring in Irosin. It was really hot because its from a natural water from Mount Bulusan. We enjoyed every moment there because it soothe our weary body with the curative and relaxing effect of the volcanic spring water. We didn't took pictures there because we went there at night and my hubby is too tired already so we opted to relax and just enjoy the hot spring. But I found one picture from google images, just to give you an idea how it looked like. Actually I forgot the name of spring resort, all I know was it is in Irosin where there are tons of hot sping resorts to choose from and they are just walks away from each other. Irosin is around 30-45 min by car from Bulan. 


Hot Spring in Irosin, Sorsogon
In the morning, I got to excited to go to Subic, out on my swimwear and sun gears :) Going there is a bit far like you need to go to Matnog Port for around 30minutes from Bulan (Im just guessing because I forgot already) then another 20 minutes by boat. We bought fresh fish from the Matnog Market before we boarded by "banka" all the way to Subic Bay. We really had so much fun because aside from the white sand beach, we were with really funny and witty friends in JCI- Sam Bobiles and Gelo aka Garrie Garrey. If we want to back there as far as I can remember, from Legaspi, around 3 hours going to Matnog port and another 20min travel by boat. 
with gelo, sam, jimmy and chari
Me in the beautiful white sand beach of Subic Island in Sorsogon

September 2012

Honda Bay, Palawan


Honda Bay is a bay on the eastern shore of the island of Palawan near Puerto Princesa City in the southwestern Philippines.


The bay is used for both subsistence and commercial fisheries and recreation. Boats can be rented for the day and used for travel to nearby islands, many less than 45 minutes from the shore by boat. Honda Bay is ideal for snorkeling. Starfish are commonly found near islands such as Starfish Island. Puerto Princesa is the nearest port city, and is accessible by plane.

While attending another JCI function JCI in Palawan, I stole my husband for a while (because he was so busy with JCI stuff) then, we availed the day tour for Honda Bay inclusive of transportation, boat ride, cottage and lunch. We rented some snorkling stuff along the way, around P100 per equipment.
















No comments:

Post a Comment